… so let me condense and save you the bother.
- Six degrees of seperation is an average. If Kevin Bacon isn’t mentioned the book is sure to become valuable.
- The Dunbar number is 150 and then you only have meaningful proper relationships with a number between 2 and 8 of those people.
- Throwing Sheep…. it’s not about Farmville.
- The 80/20 rule applies to pretty much everything from a customer/sales ratio to the number of users that create the bulk of microblogging messages.
- Social patterns in the first life also appear in virtual worlds such as Second Life and World of Warcraft.
- There are far too many social media books covering the same ground.
I’ve read too many of these things. I’m reading no more.