This could well be the same as last year…..
1. Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
What has to go down on record as Tracy Wormworth’s finest moment.
2. In The Kitchen At Parties – Jona Lewie
Okay so we know Jona played synths on this tune (is it a Christmas tune? possibly not but who cares, it’s great). Norman Watt-Roy, yes he of the Blockheads, played bass on this track…. Kirsty McColl did not do the original backing vocals, that’s a myth.
3. All I Want For Christmas – Mark King
One for the fans, it’s actually a good version. Yes we know Mariah’s version is brilliant as well… but you all know that one.
4. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Victor Wooten
A bit of a jam loopy thing during a Bela Fleck gig but nice, very nice.
5. Last Christmas – Wham
6. Fairytale of New York – The Pogues and Kirsty McColl
I would get complaints if this wasn’t in the list, so it’s in the list. Kirsty McColl definitely did sing on this.
7. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
8. Christmas Time – The Darkness
9. Kitchen At Parties – Man Like Me w/Jona Lewie and assorted Ikea kitchens
The remake for the Ikea advert last year and to be honest it’s a great version…. I’m beyond the point of caring if it’s a Christmas song or not.
10. Hangover – The Waitresses (Spotify)
The B-side to Christmas Wrapping was a distorted mangle of sounds but a fantastic bass line carrying on throughout. There is a version on Spotify somewhere…
And your two bonus tracks…..
11. 12 Days of Christmas – Jasper Carrott
If you can get to the end of the this track without cracking a smile….. It’s very very funny and safe for work.
12. Christmas is Charity and Charity is Christmas – Smashie and Nicey
Bam tiddle tiddle bam tiddle tiddle bam bam bam bam.